Es ist Oktober! Feiern Sie den ganzen Monat mit uns. In a more familiar language – It’s October! Celebrate with us all month long. Over the past few years Crooked Lane has thrown some seriously awesome German inspired jubilees – after all, it’s a beer thing. The health and safety of our staff and customers is of the utmost importance; as you can imagine, COVID-19 has prompted some changes. Instead of a focused event for a short time, we’re celebrating the whole month of October. This will create a safe and comfortable environment for all so we can safely celebrate.
Ok, now that the obligatory preamble is over with, let’s get to the fun stuff!
First, let’s talk about beer. There will be 7 German style beers available in October. There will also be other releases, so stay tuned! Here is an example of what’s brewing:
OKTOBERFEST : AMBER LAGER – ABV: 5.2% IBU: 31
We do traditional styles korrekt! Only German ingredients go into this delicious amber lager, with a complex malt flavor and aroma, brilliant in color, and a crisp, dry finish. Time to grab your stein, your dirdnl or lederhosen, and get your schunkeln on! Oans, zwoa, drei, g’suffa!
VEEDELS BRÄU : KÖLSCH – ABV: 5.3% IBU: 27
There’s nothing quite like a good Kölsch. Subtle fruit character, noble German hops, light malt backbone, and crisp finish make our Kölsch-style ale exquisitely refreshing. Veedels are districts within the city of Köln, and Veedels Bräu will transport you there for biergarten bliss.
THIRSTY PRETZELS : MUNICH DUNKEL – ABV: 5.0%, IBU 18
Do you Dunkel? Thirsty Pretzels is a dark, malty, refreshingly crisp Munich Dunkel that’s been lagered to perfection. One of the original European dark lagers, Dunkel’s history stretches back to the earliest styles brewed in Bavaria. You may not know the Dunkel yet, but it’s time to thirst for one!
ALL I WANT: GERMAN-STYLE PILSNER – ABV: 5% IBU: 18
When you love beer like we do at Crooked Lane, you really love Pilsner. Why love such a basic beer style? Because the flavor is pure and unadulterated joy- the hops, malt and yeast characters have a chance to really shine. All I Want is a German-Style pils, built with crisp German Pilsner malt, citrus-y and spicy Callista and Saphir hops, balanced carefully with just the right amount of bitterness.
Next up – we’re giving away swag, gift cards and a hands-on brewery tour for you and a guest. Get you some!
We appreciate you and your support of Crooked Lane. To express that, we’re giving away goodies through a random drawing to all who come celebrate (in-person or virtually) with us throughout the month of October.
Here’s the skinny (how to enter to win):
- Receive 1 raffle ticket for visiting Crooked Lane
- You can score 1 per day – simply ask your friendly beer tender!
- Lock in another raffle ticket per day if you post a picture and tag us on social media.
- Selfie, groupie, foodie, beverage, dog – no matter the photographic focus, simply show your beer tender the posted photo and wha-bam! Another raffle ticket is in the bank!
- Not able to visit the brewery during October? We’ve got you covered! Simply post a pic on your favorite social site and tag us.
- Show us your fabulous Oktoberfest feast or your dirndl/lederhosen/stein! You get the point- Yes, we ALL need to see your dachshund in their lederhosen.
- One more chance for entry to win the loot.
- Go to our website and prove you were there. You can sign up for our newsletter or enter to win through a registration form – easy peasy.
- We will pick winners every week and make announcements each Saturday throughout October.
- We will do our best to contact winners. Try not to hide from us!
- If you win and supplies run out, we’ll make good on your winnings
We can’t wait to see you or your posts on social! Please keep in mind that if you are visiting us at the brewery, a food purchase is still required per California COVID regulations. We know it’s not ideal, and it will pass. In the meantime, thank you for complying and being courteous to our staff.
Legal disclaimers: No purchase necessary to win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Must be 21 or older to enter. Open to all US Citizens. See Terms and conditions for full disclosures.
Official Entry Form (Sweepstakes Complete)